The Casa Museo Giovanni Verga in Catania was the birthplace of the famous Italian writer, among the most important representatives of verismo and the literature of the country.
The 11 January 1940 was declared a national monument.
The apartment used as a typological Museum  is located on the second floor of a building in the historic centre of Catania, where Verga spent her childhood and later lived for many years with his family. Died on his last heir Giovannino Rod Patriarch, the building was sold to the region on 23 February 1980, which restored it and turned it into a literary Museum.
The interiors are still the original ones. The complete writer's library, located in the room that was private study, consists of approximately 2600 volumes placed on six libraries in Walnut wood. The Windows are also distributed copies of manuscripts by Verga, those originals are preserved in the library of the University of Catania.